More about . . .

Friday, March 1, 2013

Book 3 – The Revisions




March 2011:  All work on Book 4 stops.  The revision letter for Book 3 arrives.  On top of that… this round will be electronically done.  I’m not afraid but I’ve never done this before.  The editor is being a doll and giving me some help on how “Track Changes” works. 

I’m not panicking.  I do take my time and move through the manuscript addressing the editor’s comments and making corrections. I truly value her “new pair of eyes” looking at my story and I believe this will make the book better.

And there is something new… the publisher has moved from the “old” way of calculating word count to using the “actual/digital” word count.  This makes my story 8,000 words short. This means I need a few more scenes.

Yeah, it’s gonna take a bit of work. I’ve only got a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment