More about . . .

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Before the Beginning . . . a bit of history

It all started in February 2008. I wanted to come up with a concept, a world, I could create that would provide me with enough ideas for several books, with stories that connected through an entire series.

I spent the spring of 2008 working on various stages of three Regency novels: An Agreeable Arrangement, His Lordship’s Chaperone, and Lady Eugenia’s Holiday. But in the back of my mind I kept thinking about starting a series.

In October I had visited my family in San Luis Obispo. The new additions to the family were twins: Augusta and Charlotte, which their parents had shortened to Gusta and Char-Char.

Those names sparked my imagination. I didn’t know who those characters were. I didn’t know how to distinguish them. Were they blonde, brunette, have long straight or short curly hair?

By the time November, and my two week vacation, rolled around I was ready to come up with a plan

No comments:

Post a Comment