More about . . .

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Whole Vision

Early July 2009 - I’ve finished the first three chapters of Book 2 and Book 3. I also have a general idea of what the stories are for the last three books. Do I include them or not? Well . . . I’d like my editor/my publisher to see what I have planned for the entire series. I’m hoping for a nice series logo, similar covers . . .

I think they will like Book 1. Maybe they’ll accept Books 2 and 3. That would be pretty cool. They’ll also have a peek at the last three stories and maybe they’ll consider buying them at a later date. I really hope the publisher wants them. I see bits of scenes which include some characters from Books 1 through 3, they’re exciting story ideas and I’d love to write every one of them.

While I’ve decided on book titles, I’ve kept my Gentleman title references. I add those below the title in parentheses. The editors can choose whichever ones they think works best.

I’m submitting the entire Book 1, three chapters each of Books 2 and 3, and on a separate sheet of paper a brief synopsis of Books 1 through 6, consisting of a few paragraphs every one of them. In my cover letter I promise delivery a time period of 6-9 months between each book.

I mail it all off. I’ve met my self-imposed deadline of “before” the conference. Now I can enjoy myself in Washington DC.

Then it dawns on me . . . what if they don’t like it? I don’t have a Plan B. I’ve put all my thought and energy into this book . . . these books, this series for the last two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment